The average person spends about one-third of their life in bed. That calculates to 3,000 hours or 120 days in a single year. Wondering if it’s time to buy a new bed? What make is right for you? With so much to choose from, we have compiled a few helpful tips to ensure you get that great night’s sleep you deserve.
IS IT TIME TO REPLACE YOUR MATTRESS?
If you’re not sleeping well, your mattress could be the problem. To determine if it is time to replace your current mattress set, consider factors such as its support, comfort and overall condition.
IT’S TIME TO BUY A NEW MATTRESS IF:
- You wake up with aches and pains that dissipate throughout the day
- Your mattress shows visible signs of wear and tear
- You feel the coils when lying on your bed
- You hear noises/creaks on your mattress when moving around
- You roll toward the middle of the bed
CHOOSE YOUR COMFORT
A mattress with the right comfort and support ensures you get the great night’s sleep you deserve. Let our professionally trained sleep experts take you through our unique comfort test to discover the bed that is right for you.
CHOOSE YOUR BRAND
Are you looking for a mattress that reduces motion, or offers pressure relief? We carry all the best brands at all the best prices. You can compare them side by side before you decide, from traditional innerspring to the latest in sleep technology. Based on your comfort preference you can determine which brand is right for you.
WHAT SIZE IS BEST FOR YOU?
When it comes to mattresses, one size definitely doesn’t fit all. There are several factors you should keep in mind prior to your purchase.
Consider the following:
- The mattress should be longer than the tallest person sleeping on it
- The bed width should allow enough space to fold your arms behind your head without going beyond the mattress edge or touching your partner’s elbows (for two adults, we recommend either a queen or a king)
DOES QUALITY REALLY MATTER?
Ultimately, it’s wise to purchase the best and biggest mattress that fits your budget. Investing in a good night’s sleep is investing in your own health. At Mattress Firm, we make it easy to get a great night’s sleep. That’s why we carry the nation’s top brands and one of the largest selections.
So how much should you spend on a new set? As a general rule, you get what you pay for. A new bed is an investment — the higher the quality, the better the comfort, support, and durability. Going for higher quality will pay off — but price isn’t everything. Remember to choose a model that suits your needs and your pocketbook best.